Do you despair? Are you frustrated with your lack of vibrant health? Do you want to give up?
During a conversation I had this morning, I was reminded of the process that brings feeling grateful and content, despite your circumstances.
It is about walking every day in a “God-consciousness” state by practicing gratefulness in your daily life. You cannot control everything in your life, but you can choose where to focus!
A person regularly doing gratitude resonates at a very high vibrational state, which opens them up to healing and happiness. Meanwhile things like; discontentment, criticism, and resentment bring a person down to a low vibrational state, which opens up a person to depression and disease.
There is a perfect physiological response to the feelings you experience which are actually perfect mental responses to the thoughts you spend time on. Thoughts are things and they are choices.
If you’re already in the habit of being grateful for things (plural) every day, then you are already getting the benefit of how this simple act can help you feel grateful and boost your body’s ability to self-heal.
For those that don’t know what I am talking about or think I am crazy, then read on! First you need to understand the sequence, so you can change any negative patterns:
- If you take a good look at your life, you will most likely find that you are trapped in a sin cycle or some negative self-talk or self-destructive behavioral pattern. This could be anything from hidden addictions, to just the simple act of taking a critical or complaining view of things, which manifests as worry, fear or resentment. This may be enough to keep your body in a weakened state, never getting over that healing “hump” you were hoping for.
- So, if you want to defeat an enemy, you need to first identify it – name it! I am not talking about the name of your condition or diagnosis, but the negative pattern, What lie or wrong belief have you been in an agreement with that has been about as helpful to you as a toxic cigarette?
- Confess it – By calling it out and declaring your independence from it you are able to detach from it emotionally, energetically and spiritually. Tell it to someone who loves you and that you can trust; ask them not to “fix” you but to just listen and hold you accountable. James 5:16
- Repent of the behavior or thinking that lets you slide down that muddy hill of negativity. This means literally and philosophically turning away from that belief or behavior towards something else. Acts 3:19
- Choose to say, “thank you” a lot, look at nature and thank God for the trees, the blue sky, etc. and choose to look for the things about the people around you that you can truly be thankful for.
- Now keep doing this! Make it a habit.
Habits of gratefulness leads more appreciation, healing and overall happiness in your life. Being grateful has power and it benefits ourselves and everyone around us.
Gratefulness also helps you to avoid taking things for granted so you can pay attention to what’s really important!
I hope that this resonates with you and that you can practice more gratitude in your life.
Here’s to you choosing gratitude so you can – Live Your Life Well!