Chiropractor Carpentersville IL
A Unique Approach
Welcome to The Wellness And Nutrition Center located in West Carpentersville, IL. At The Wellness And Nutrition Center, or “WNC” for short, you will find a husband and wife team running two separate practices that, like a Yin & yang cooperative, address the ‘whole’ person; physically, chemically, and emotionally. please don't hesitate to contact our Carpentersville chiropractors, we are here to help you achieve your goals.
WELCOME TO Wellness And Nutrition Center
There no “pressured sales” or being pushed into care, just options. We have a very caring staff that routinely goes out of their way to help you through your new patient process and help you manage any follow-up visits you may have.
We do our best to focus on the person’s total health, not just their symptoms. We recognize that every physical injury, condition, or symptom has an emotional or nutritional component to it, and to ignore that connection would be a significant limiting factor to complete recovery.
We also recognize philosophically that God designed the human body perfectly, however, anytime from the womb to the tomb, bad things will happen to it that cause blockages to your optimal health. Over time you develop stress, pain, and disease, that you can choose to “treat” from the outside with drugs and therapies or you can choose to identify and handle the actual root causes of these health challenges through nutrition, lifestyle, chiropractic, and body energy balancing. True health comes from the inside-out.
For one thing, my chiropractic office offers, of course, excellent chiropractic wellness care, like others, however, I also specialize in diagnosing and helping people recover from car accident injuries and chronic pain conditions that other chiropractors may miss. This is because I am a member of an elite group of doctors called; “Smart Injury Doctors”, which specialize in the detection and correction of spinal ligament injuries and spinal ligament instabilities that can haunt people for the rest of their lives as a “permanent impairment’ if it is never diagnosed correctly.
Whether a person is suffering with a simple “back out” injury or a severe car accident whiplash injury, my treatment involves customized exercise or lifestyle plans including stress reduction, core strengthening and or posture correction so that the condition doesn’t return, which it often will if you are only adjusting the spine without these kinds of supportive therapies.
Another difference is in the ability to use muscle reflex testing to ascertain the sequence in which we adjust or utilize an emotional stress reduction technique or even identify nutritional imbalances, whereas most chiropractors do not have any tools to address those often missed health recovery barriers.
success with common conditions
The most common conditions we have great success with in the chiropractic practice are low back pain, mid back pain, neck pain, headaches and chronic pain patients. We specialize in helping car accident whiplash injuries, diagnosing spinal ligament injury impairments and “tech neck” pain syndromes including neck and upper back tension pain and burning.
The most common conditions we see in our nutritional practice are Fatigue, thyroid problems, female hormone imbalances, sleep issues and digestive issues.
In my area of Carpentersville, Dundee, Sleepy Hollow, Algonquin and Elgin, most people don’t understand
- the overwhelming safety of getting adjusted
- what an adjustment actually is
- that you need to have significant pain in order to have a “spinal problem”
- Chiropractic has been proven to be very safe and there has been a lot of study on this topic over the last 60 to 70 years from multiple countries. But I think that the quickest proof of that is seen by noticing that the cost of malpractice for a chiropractor is about 2 to 10% of the average practicing medical doctor in Carpentersville. That can only be true if there are fewer claims and therefore much less risk.
- The goal of a chiropractic adjustment has nothing to do with the spinal joint ‘cracks’ or ‘pops’ you might hear when one is done, rather the goal is to gently induce proper spinal joint positioning so that the nervous system can reset at that level of the spine, which then restores normal joint motion, so that muscle spasm and pain can melt away.
- I often hear someone say; “I don’t have a back problem” once they learn that I am a chiropractor. Yet with a quick glance, I can see that their head sits forward over their shoulders and one shoulder is lower than the other. The reality is - that it is only when your body can no longer compensate or cope with the spinal misalignments that you begin to have pain. Sometimes that happens with a major injury and sometimes that happens one seemingly random day where you think that you “slept funny”.
Without recognizing that there may be a problem with your spine, there is little motivation to actually fixing it. The hard truth is that things like pain and the potential for permanent disability are typically things that develop much later after the actual condition began! Unfortunately is the pain syndrome that is the big motivator for people coming in.
The good news is that if the condition of your spine can be accurately diagnosed, then you CAN do something about it. I never ‘push’ or ‘sell’ people into my care, rather I do a great job investigating what is actually going on, then report it back to my patients. With that report is simply a decision on their part on what they want to do with that information.
My recommendation is always and at least to ‘get checked’! How else would you know if your spine is compromised if pain and disability are things that develop later over time? Don’t wait, get checked.
A CHIROPRACTIC TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
At Wellness And Nutrition Center our chiropractic team is ready to meet with you to discuss your needs. We will help to design a program that is right for you. We look forward to meeting you.